Review tickets you’ve submitted previously Help Index
UBER-PICKS: What are the Uber-Picks sports leagues and how do they work?
Uber-Picks sports leagues allows you to start and be the commissioner of your own private league. It’s 100% free (for up to 10 members).
How it works:
- From this page, go to the entry page for the sport you’d like to start a league for.
- In the right sidebar, click the link about about starting your own league.
- On the league info page that appears, choose a fun name for your league. Tip: For ideas, see the various examples of names provided.
- Upon submission, you’ll receive an e-mail confirming your new league. It will include your new league’s exclusive Web page (URL) and your exclusive League Invitation Link.
- Invite friends and co-workers who are sports fans to join your league by providing them with your League Invitation Link. Note: By joining your league, your league members will be able to play your chosen Uber-Picks sport FREE every week (no TCredits required)!
- Upon accepting your invitation, each of your league members will receive immediate access to your league Web page and can submit their picks for the upcoming slate of games. Let the fun begin!
7 great reasons to start your own Uber-Picks league
- You get to be the CEO of your own personalized, private sports league!
- Competing with your friends and co-workers is uber-FUN (especially if you create a side prize–see ideas in FAQs below).
- Makes the sports season even more exciting!
- All of your league’s members can play FREE every week!
- Play year around in multiple different sports!
- We do all the hard work…and we do it all for FREE! The customized league Website included has a leaderboard that tracks all scoring for all of your league’s members throughout the season, a live chat board, and more. All you have to do is invite your league members; we’ll take care of everything else including distributing badges and any shares of the Zackpot won each week. We’ll also send out an e-mail reminder to any of your members who haven’t yet made their picks before each deadline, and all of your league members will also receive a weekly recap e-mail that recognizes the members who finished with the highest scores, and more. Again, all provided FREE!
- For SFI Affiliates, it’s a great way to create lots of active Personally Referred Members (PRMs) and earn lifetime commissions!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do my league members have to pay (buy and spend TCredits) to play?
As a member of your league, no. They can play every week 100% free.
Q: Is there really going to be anyone interested in playing in a league?
Well, consider these statistics: There are an estimated 3.5 billion soccer fans worldwide. The second biggest sport, cricket, is said to have 2.5 billion fans. Baseball, basketball and American football have hundreds of millions fans worldwide. All total, that’s an absolutely HUGE number of people who love sports. And anything that makes those sports even more fun to follow–such as participating in an Uber-Picks sports league–clearly has the potential to attract many, many millions of people. With your own free league, free play, and plenty of fun to offer, the sky’s the limit!
Q: How can I attract lots of people to join my league?
Number one, make it FUN…and people will flock to participate! Here are some ways to infuse fun into your league.
- Get a traveling trophy. It could just be something silly like a rock that you’ve painted…or a big bottle of Tabasco sauce (for your “hottest” league member). Better yet, get a real trophy locally or from an online store like crownawards.com, complete with your league’s name engraved on it! You can get some great trophies for $15 or less! Especially within an office, people will love being recognized and getting to display the trophy for the weeks they’re the high scorer (and they’ll work hard to keep winning). It also acts as a great conversation-starter, to get more and more people in your league each week.
- Offer a prize at the end of the season for the person who scored the most points. A nice prize will definitely increase interest, engagement, and fun for everyone in your league. Best of all, you don’t have to keep track of anything. The leaderboard on your league website automatically tracks all the scoring each week and for the season for all your league members.
- Spice it up with some friendly banter on your league Website’s chat board.
- Consider a traveling “stinker trophy” for the worst record of the week, too. Have fun with it of course, don’t make anyone feel bad! Perhaps it’s a box of diapers or a framed picture of a sad dog/cat that they must keep on their desk all week as a reminder to pick up their game.
- Consider a fun weekly e-mail or blog to further engage your league members with discussions about each week’s games, recognizing good and not-so-good play, the badges that members are winning, etc.
Q: Won’t being a League Commissioner require a lot of time and work?
Actually, one of the best reasons to start an Uber-Picks league is that WE do all the heavy lifting for you! The free, customized league website included has a leaderboard that tracks all scoring throughout the season, a live chat board, and more. All you really have to do is invite your league members; we’ll take care of everything else including distributing badges and any shares of the Zackpot won each week. We also send out an email reminder to any of your members who haven’t yet made their picks before the deadline, and all of your league members will also receive a weekly recap that recognizes the members who finished with the highest scores, and more.
Q: What is the minimum number of league members required?
Five (including yourself).
Q: What happens if I start a league and can’t get at least four other members?
You and your members won’t be able to play for free if you are unable to get the minimum number of league members signed up.
Q: What is the cost if my league becomes larger than ten members?
For up to ten members, there is no cost. If your league is larger than ten, you will need to upgrade your league. You will be charged (as the League Commissioner), a nominal number of TCredits per member over ten. You can of course require that your member(s) reimburse you for this cost.
Q: Can I invite anyone to join my league?
Yes. You can invite anyone.
Q: Can I create more than one league?
Yes, you could have a league for you and your co-workers, another league for you and some family members who love sports, and so on. You can also do sports leagues for any of the current six Uber-Picks sports offerings. Best of all, you can create unlimited leagues for free! Other companies charge as much as $30-$50 per league. We provide it for FREE!
Q: Is only the league commissioner allowed to invite members to his/her league?
That’s up to the commissioner. Commissioners can certainly allow their league members to use their League Invitation League and invite others if they wish to.