272 Pages, Paperback.
Here is everything you need to know to start and run your own highly profitable home mail-order business- without having a background in marketing or spending a lot of money on ads and merchandise.
You'll find in this practical handbook not only the do's and donâ€™ts of hitting it big on a shoestring budget, but also little-known profit secrets straight from successful work-at-home entrepreneurs (including case histories of retirees, moonlighters, and other people from all walks of life).
For example, you'll discover:
1. How to avoid the 11 "sins" that almost doom a home-based mail order business to failure
2. The hottest markets and a simple way to create a lucrative niche for yourself in one or more of them
3. Sources of merchandise and smart buying strategies to hold down your costs and gain a competitive edge
4. 8 extremely powerful mail order campaigns and how to easily adapt them to sell you products or services
5. Envelope addressing techniques that practically guarantee your mailings will be opened and read
6. How to effectively use every selling tool from classified ads and catalogs to cable television and card decks...and boost profits with ride-alongs, a fax number, and other proven tactics
7. Tested ways to process and deliver orders promptly and economically
About the Author
Barry Z. Masser has served as advertising and promotion manager for several major corporations and is president of Lead Flow, Inc., a Seattle-based direct response firm. He is also a feature writer for Telemarketing Magazine and other marketing publications and a guest lecturer on advertising and marketing at leading universities.